NSF proposals that are submitted or due, on June 1, 2020 or after, are subject to the new Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 20-1)
NSF has delayed the requirement of using NSF-approved formats for the biographical sketch, and current and pending support sections of NSF proposals until October 5, 2020.
Proposers must continue to format these documents accordance to PAPPG requirements (see PAPPG sections II.C.2.f and II.C.2.h). NSF encourages the community to use these formats and continue to provide valuable feedback as they enhance them for future implementation.
NSF has made updates reflecting this implementation to the following policy guidance, websites and frequently asked questions:
- Biographical Sketch section of the PAPPG, Chapter II.C.2.f
- Current and Pending Support section of the PAPPG, Chapter II.C.2.h
- NSF-Approved Formats for the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support
- Frequently Asked Questions related to Current and Pending Support
- Frequently Asked Questions on Using SciENcv
- Frequently Asked Questions on Using NSF Fillable PDF format
In addition, webinars covering the use of NSF-approved formats as well as all of the significant changes to the PAPPG are available on the NSF Policy Outreach website.
For system-related questions, please contact FastLane User Support at 1-800-673-6188 or email@example.com. Policy-related questions regarding the content of the formats should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.