Cayuse Institutional Profiles
Stanford’s Institutional Profile in Cayuse is maintained by OSR. Please do NOT make any edits to this profile.
If a department elects, on behalf of a subrecipient institution, to create and complete in Stanford’s Cayuse a subaward proposal as part of their prime proposal, then both an institutional profile will need to be created for the subrecipient institution as well as people profiles will need to be created for subrecipient key personnel within Stanford’s Cayuse. The creating of subrecipient institutional and people profiles in Stanford’s Cayuse is NOT necessary if you will alternatively import a subaward proposal into your Stanford prime Cayuse proposal from 1) Adobe Workspace sub forms, 2) another Cayuse using institution, or 3) Subawards.com.
How to Create and/or Edit a Cayuse Institutional Profile
- From the Cayuse landing page click the Institutions tab.
- Search to see if your subrecipient institution has already been added to Stanford’s Cayuse.
- Type in all or a portion of the subaward institution name in the Search field, and click Search.
- Users may also want to select Show All to view and quickly scroll through the existing list of institutions that have already been added to Stanford’s Cayuse to ensure your sub has not already been added under a variant of its name.
- If you do not see your subrecipient institution, click on the blue + Institution button.
- A Create Institutional Profile dialog box will open. Enter the legal name of your subrecipient institution and click on Create New Profile.
- For each subrecipient institutional profile, you will need to enter at least:
- The subrecipient institution’s UEI number.
- One named Indirect Cost Type with start date and rate.
- From the Indirect Costs section:
- Select the green + New Type
- Enter a name for the rate.
- Click OK
- Enter at minimum
- Period Start Date for the IDC rate. This can be today’s date or any date equal to or before the proposed start date of the project.
- The IDC Rate %
- Click on the blue save icon.
- If you frequently work with a subrecipient institution, you may find it value-add completing additional fields within the Institutional Profile – Indirect Costs section to identify which budget categories are IDC excluded for this institution. The benefit of doing this is the information will be saved and available for future budget calculations of subaward proposals you create for this subrecipient institution. Alternatively, you can indicate IDC exclusions from within a subaward proposal. However, if entered from within a proposal, they will NOT also be saved in the associated subrecipient institution profile.
- If you will be utilizing the copy and escalate feature when completing your subrecipient institution’s budget, you can also enter and save escalation rates for specific budget categories in the Institutional Profile – Escalation Rates section. You also can indicate escalation rates from within a subaward proposal. However, if entered from within a proposal, it will NOT also be saved in the associated subrecipient institution profile.
Need further Cayuse assistance? Please submit a HelpSU ticket to the SeRA Support Team and a SeRA Support Analyst will contact you shortly.