Central Office Request - Add New Investigator to Project
Central Office Request – Add New Investigator to Project
The SeRA Central Office Request allows department administrators to submit requests to their central sponsored research office from within the SeRA system. Benefits of utilizing Central Office Requests include: custom forms and fields for different requests to facilitate department entry, the ability to add attachments relating to the request directly to the request form, being able to easily search and see when a request was submitted, what information was provided in a request, to whom a request was assigned, and the current status of a request.
When to use the Central Office Request – Add New Investigator to Project:
You want to add an investigator who was not added to a SeRA Project SPO during the proposal or time of award. The added investigator would be eligible to be assigned an Oracle Task and designated as the Task Owner on the project. *This will result in the given SeRA SPO record being listed on the newly added investigator’s SeRA Current and Pending Support report.
*Please Note, the Central Office Request - Add New Investigator is NOT to be used when sponsor prior approval is required for:
- A Change in PI. Use the Sponsor Approval for Changing PI Central Office Request for this.
- A Change in PI effort. Use the Sponsor Approval for PI Effort Change Central Office Request for this.
- A Change, including an addition, of key personnel. Use the Sponsor Approval for Key Personnel Change Central Office Request for this.
1. Go to https://sera.stanford.edu
2. From the red banner at the top of any page within SeRA click on Search. Enter the relevant SPO #. The search will interactively display matches according to what is being entered. Click on the appropriate blue reference number to drill into the relevant record.
3. From the Project Summary page, click on Start a Transaction menu, and select Central Office Request
4. A Start Transaction dialog box will open. From the Request Type drop down menu select Add New Investigator to Project and click Start
5. Enter the following information in the Request Description textbox:
- New Investigator First and Last name and SUnet ID
- Role on project (MPI, Co-PI, Co-I or Other Senior/Key)
- Amount of effort being committed (person months and/or %)
- New Investigator effective date
6. Attach relevant supporting documents:
a. From the right hand menu (RHM) under Quick Links, click Add Attachments
b. Select the Category: Notification/Request and Sub-Category: Other
c. Select the file to attach
d. Enter any file tags, if desired
e. Click Attach
f. Repeat steps a-e for each document you would like to attach to the Central Office Request
7. Optional - Add personnel you would like to notify of this request. Email notification will be sent when the request is completed
8. Click Submit Request
Need further SeRA assistance? Have questions, feedback, or are experiencing other issues? Please submit a HelpSU ticket to the SeRA Support Team and a SeRA Support Analyst will contact you shortly.