Central Office Request – Check Next Funding Increment Status
The SeRA Central Office Request allows department administrators to submit requests to their central sponsored research office within the SeRA system. Benefits of utilizing Central Office Requests include: custom forms and fields for different request types, ability to add related attachments directly to the request, ability to search and view when a request was submitted, what information was provided on a request, to whom a request was assigned, and the current status of a request.
When to use the Central Office Request – Check Next Funding Increment Status:
To request a central office institutional official contact a sponsor to check the status of an anticipated funding increment of an active project.
- Log into SeRA
- From the red banner at the top of any page within SeRA click on Search. Enter the relevant SPO #. The search will interactively display matches according to what is being entered. Click on the appropriate blue reference number link to drill into the relevant record.
3. From the Project Summary page, click on Start a Transaction menu, and select Central Office Request
4. A Start Transaction dialog box will open. From the Request Type drop down menu select Check Next Funding Increment Status and click Start
5. Enter the following information in the Request Description textbox:
- Indicate how this request should be submitted to the sponsor i.e. from within a sponsor system or via email.
- If the request should be submitted to the sponsor via a sponsor system, state which system i.e. research.gov, Fastlane, eRA commons etc.
- If the request should be submitted to the sponsor via email, please provide the sponsor point-of-contact name and email address.
- Budget period dates and amount of next expected funding increment
- End date of the current active budget period
- If also requesting approval for carry forward of remaining budget period funds, refer to the Central Office Request – Sponsor Approval for Carry Forward request directions
6. Attach any relevant supporting documents
- From the right hand menu (RHM) under Quick Links, click Add Attachments
- Select the Category: Notification/Request and the appropriate Sub-Category from the pick-list
- Select the file to attach
- Enter any file tags, if desired
- Click Attach
- Repeat for each document you would like to attach to the Central Office Request
7. Optional - Add personnel you would like to notify of this request. Email notification will be sent when the request is completed
8. Click Submit Request
Need further SeRA assistance? Have questions, feedback, or experiencing other issues? Please submit a HelpSU ticket to the SeRA Support Team and a SeRA Support Analyst will contact you shortly.