Central Office Request – New Cost Sharing Award-Task
The SeRA Central Office Request allows department administrators to submit requests to their central sponsored research office from within the SeRA system. Benefits of utilizing Central Office Requests include: custom forms and fields for different requests to facilitate department entry, the ability to add attachments relating to the request directly to the request form, being able to easily search and see when a request was submitted, what information was provided in a request, to whom a request was assigned, and the current status of a request.
- New tasks for Investigators can only be added after the Investigator is added to the SeRA SPO record and completes their Investigator certifications. If the Investigator is not yet associated with the project, please select the "Add New Investigator to Project" Central Office Request type.
- For project where sponsors do not require prior approval to add Investigators, departments can use the COR- Add New Investigator to Project guide
***Effective April 15, 2022, SeRA limits the assignment of Task Owner(s)/ Principal Owner(s) to Stanford Investigators who are associated with the SPO record
When to use the Central Office Request – New Cost Sharing Award-Task:
You would like OSR to create a new Oracle Cost Sharing Award and Task for an existing Project
- Go to https://sera.stanford.edu
- From the red banner at the top of any page within SeRA click on Search. Enter the relevant SPO #. The search will interactively display matches according to what is being entered. Click on the appropriate blue reference number to drill into the relevant record.
*Note- If you press Enter on your keyboard, the first listed search result will be automatically selected
3. From the Project Summary page, click on the Start Transaction menu, and select Central Office Request
4. Select Request Type New Cost Sharing Award-Task
a. Select Cost Share Type (PI Effort or Overdraft)
b. Select Related Award
c. Select Related Project
d. Click Start
5. Click Edit Award and complete all required fields.
a. The Guarantee Amount should equal the total direct costs you anticipate to cost share on this award.
b. If more than one PTA will be providing the funding for the cost share award, list the one that will contribute the most in the Guarantee Award, Project, and Task fields. You can list the other PTAs that will provide funding in the comment of the transaction (Step 11).
- Complete the remaining required fields in the Award Information and Award Personnel sections
- Click on Edit Project and complete all required fields
a. For Additional Amount Funding to this Project enter $0. Your OSR Post Award Research Accountant will complete the budgeting information for your cost share award and task based on the guarantee amount you enter during Step 5 and any comments you enter in Step 11.
8. Click on Edit Task and complete all required fields. Enter task attributes and click Save.
*Note For Task Service Type select University Research
- Use the Left-hand navigation to Add any needed additional FYI’s and/or Approver’s and click Next
10. The Review for Completeness check will run and if there are any issues, it will be displayed
11. Once all required information is completed, enter pertinent information in relation to the New Cost Sharing Award-Task in the Comments textbox and click Send To OSR
Need further SeRA assistance? Have questions, feedback, or are experiencing other issues? Please submit a HelpSU ticket to the SeRA Support Team and a SeRA Support Analyst will contact you shortly.