SeRA Central Office Request - Other Preaward
Central Office Request – Other Preaward
SeRA Central Office Requests allows department administrators to submit requests to their central sponsored research office from within the SeRA system. Central Office Requests include: custom forms and fields for different requests to facilitate department entry, the ability to add attachments relating to the request directly to the request form, being able to easily search and see when a request was submitted, what information was provided in a request, to whom a request was assigned, and the current status of a request.
When to use the Central Office Request – Other Preaward:
To request your central office institutional official to contact the sponsor to ask or tell them something that does not neatly fall into any of the other SeRA Central Office Request preaward types.
1. Go to https://sera.stanford.edu
2. From the red banner at the top of any page within SeRA click on Search. Enter the relevant SPO #. The search will interactively display matches according to what is being entered. Click on the appropriate blue reference number to drill into the relevant record.
3. From the Project Summary page, click on Start a Transaction menu, and select Central Office Request
4. A Start Transaction dialog box will open. From the Request Type drop down menu select Other - Preaward and click Start
5. In the Request Description text box enter what it is you would like your institutional official to ask/tell the sponsor.
- Indicate how this request should be submitted to the sponsor i.e. from within a sponsor system or via email.
- If the request is being submitted to the sponsor via a sponsor system, advise which system i.e. research.gov, FastLane, eRA commons etc.
- If the request should be submitted to the sponsor via email, please provide the sponsor POC name and email address.
6. Attach any relevant supporting documents
a. From the right hand menu (RHM) under Quick Links, click Add Attachments
b. Select the Category: Notification/Request and Sub-Category: Other
c. Select the file to attach
d. Enter any file tags, if desired
e. Click Attach
f. Repeat steps a-e for each document you would like to attach to the Central Office Request
7. Optional - Add individuals you would like to notify of this request. Email notification will be sent when the request is completed
8. Click Submit Request
Need further SeRA assistance? Have questions, feedback, or are experiencing other issues? Please submit a HelpSU ticket to the SeRA Support Team and a SeRA Support Analyst will contact you shortly.