Central Office Request - Sponsor Approval for Equipment Purchase
SeRA Central Office Request (COR) online forms allow department administrators to submit requests to sponsored research institutional offices (IO) within the SeRA system. There are various CORs forms for common research administration management activities which require IO facilitation and sponsor approval. Administrators with appropriate privileges can submit information and related attachments in a COR, and view the progress and status of a COR. Other users with appropriate privileges are also able to search and view CORs.
When to use the Central Office Request – Sponsor Approval for Equipment Purchase:
When a sponsor requires an awardee to receive sponsor prior approval for any equipment purchases.
- Log into SeRA
- From the red banner at the top of any page within SeRA click on Search. Enter the relevant SPO #. The search will interactively display matches according to what is being entered. Click on the appropriate blue reference number link to open the relevant record.
3. From the Project Summary page, click on Start a Transaction button, and select Central Office Request
4. A Start Transaction dialog box will open. From the Request Type drop down menu select Sponsor Approval for Equipment Purchase and click Start
5. Enter the following information in the Request Description textbox:
- Indicate how this request should be submitted to the sponsor i.e. from within a sponsor system or via email.
- If the request should be submitted to the sponsor via a sponsor system, state which system i.e. research.gov, Fastlane, eRA commons etc.
- If the request should be submitted to the sponsor via email, please provide the sponsor point-of-contact name and email address.
- Provide the name and description of the equipment to be purchased
- Provide a technical justification for how the equipment will be used on the project
- If the equipment purchase will require rebudgeting of funds, state which budget category/categories funds will be rebudgeted
6. Attach any relevant supporting documents including:
- Vendor quote(s)
- Revised budget if equipment purchase will require rebudgeting of funds
- Any other sponsor required forms and/or documents to support the request
- From the right hand menu (RHM) under Quick Links, click Add Attachments
- Select the Category: Notification/Request and the appropriate Sub-Category from the pick-list
- Select the file to attach
- Enter any file tags, if desired
- Click Attach
- Repeat for each document you would like to attach to the Central Office Request
- Optional - Add personnel you would like to notify of this request. Email notification(s) will be sent when the request is completed.
- Click Submit Request
Need further SeRA assistance? Have questions, feedback, or experiencing issues? Please submit a HelpSU ticket to the SeRA Support Team and a SeRA Support Analyst will contact you shortly.