Central Office Request - Sponsor Approval for Changing PI
The SeRA Central Office Request allows department administrators to submit requests to their central sponsored research office within the SeRA system. Benefits of using Central Office Requests include: custom forms and fields for different request types, uploading of related attachments, ability to view request information, current status, and assignee of the request.
When to use the Central Office Request – Sponsor Approval for PI Change:
To initiate a request sponsor approval of a change in Principal Investigator (PI) on an active project to another eligible PI at Stanford.
- Log into SeRA
- From the red banner at the top of any page within SeRA click on Search. Enter the relevant SPO #. The search will interactively display matches according to what is being entered. Click on the appropriate blue reference number link to drill into the relevant record.
From the Project Summary page, click on Start a Transaction menu, and select Central Office Request
4. A Start Transaction dialog box will open. From the Request Type drop down menu select Sponsor Approval for PI Change and click Start
- Enter the following information in the Request Description textbox:
- Indicate how this request should be submitted to the sponsor i.e. from within a sponsor system or via email.
- If the request should submitted to the sponsor via a sponsor system, state which system i.e. research.gov, Fastlane, eRA commons etc.
- If the request should be submitted to the sponsor via email, provide the sponsor point-of-contact name and email address.
- Name of the new PI
- Reason for the PI change
- Effective date of change
6. Attach relevant supporting documents including:
- Sponsor specific biographical sketch for the new PI
- Any other sponsor required forms or documents for a change in PI such as Other Support / Current & Pending Support for the new PI
- From the right hand menu (RHM) under Quick Links, click Add Attachments
- Select the Category: Notification/Request and the appropriate Sub-Category from the pick-list
- Select the file to attach
- Enter any file tags, if desired
- Click Attach
- Repeat for each document you would like to attach to the Central Office Request
- Optional - Add personnel you would like to notify of this request. An email notification will be sent when the request is completed.
- Click Submit Request
Need further SeRA assistance? Have questions, feedback, or experiencing other issues? Please submit a HelpSU ticket to the SeRA Support Team and a SeRA Support Analyst will contact you shortly.