Central Office Request – Sponsor Approval for Travel
SeRA Central Office Request (COR) online forms allow department administrators to submit requests to sponsored research institutional offices within the SeRA system. CORs have request specific forms for common research administration management activities. Administrators with appropriate privileges can submit information and attachments related to a request and view the progress and status of a request. Since CORs are within SeRA, other users with appropriate privileges are also able to search and view CORs.
When to use the Central Office Request – Sponsor Approval for Travel:
If the sponsor agreement requires an awardee to obtain the sponsor's prior approval for travel
1. Go to https://sera.stanford.edu
2. From the red banner at the top of any page within SeRA click on Search. Enter the relevant SPO #. The search will interactively display matches according to what is being entered. Click on the appropriate blue reference number link to drill open the relevant record.
3. From the Project Summary page, click on the Start Transaction menu, and select Central Office Request
4. A Start Transaction dialog box will open. From the Request Type drop down menu select Sponsor Approval for Travel and click Start
5. Enter the following information in the Request Description textbox:
- How should the request be submitted to the sponsor - from within a sponsor system or via email?
- If via a sponsor system, state the system name - i.e. research.gov, Fastlane, eRA commons etc.
- If via email, provide the sponsor point-of-contact name and email address.
- Purpose of the travel in relation to project scope of work (SOW)
- Names and roles of travelers
- Travel origination and destination
- Anticipated dates of travel
- Summary of costs including, but not limited to airfare, lodging, ground transportation, conference registration fees, and per diem costs
- If travel expenses will result inrebudgeting of funds, provide an explanation of the rebudgeting and its impact on the project
- If sponsor agreement terms requires sponsor approval, a COR - Sponsor Approval of Rebudgeting will also be required to be submitted
6. Attach relevant supporting documents including:
- Information required by the sponsor agreement - airfare, lodging, and/or any other quotes.
- Revised budget and justification if travel expenses will result in a rebudgeting of funds
- Any sponsor required forms and/or documents as found in the agreement terms and conditions
- From the right hand menu (RHM) under Quick Links, click Add Attachments
- Select Attachment Category “Notification/Request”, Sub-Category “Travel”
- Select the file to attach
- Enter file tag of Sponsor Approval for Travel
- Click Attach
- Repeat above steps for each document you would like to attach to the Central Office Request
7. Optional - Add personnel you would like to notify of this request. Email notifications will be sent when the request is completed
8. Click Submit Request
Need further SeRA assistance? Have questions, feedback, or experiencing other issues? Please submit a HelpSU ticket to the SeRA Support Team and a SeRA Support Analyst will contact you shortly.