SciENcv - The Biosketch Power Tool
Save time! Stop re-keying and managing biosketches on your computer! Use Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae (SciENcv).
Start creating biosketches, for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Science Foundation (NSF), and the Institute of Education Sciences (IES), in approved formats for grant submissions. SciENcv profiles also include a user's Open Researcher and Contributor IDentifier (ORCID) ID number, when SciENcv is linked to a registered ORCID.
Benefits of SciENcv
- Pulls information from other systems, including NSF FastLane, eRA Commons, My NCBI, and ORCID
- Reduces duplicate data entry and allows quick creation and recreation of approved formatted biosketches for applications and reports
- Allows granting of delegate access to administrators who support researchers
- Helps create online professional profiles that can be made public and shared with other researcher
- Documents your education, employment, research activities, publications, honors, research grants, and other professional contributions
SciENcv is a function within the National Center for Biotechnology Information's My NCBI web application. NIH eRA Commons, NSF, and ORCID account holders who link their accounts to NCBI can populate their SciENcv profiles with the information stored in their eRA, NSF, or ORCID accounts. The information transferred to SciENcv can then be changed, hidden, augmented, or deleted. SciENcv users have full control of the content displayed in their SciENcv profiles.
Access SciENcv through My NCBI
- ERA Commons
- NSF FastLane Account
- NCBI account
- Third-party sign-in option - Type Stanford and select "Stanford University" to sign as a Partner Organization