Office of Sponsored Research - Pre Award
Office of Sponsored Research - Pre Award is Stanford’s central office for sponsored projects and research-related agreements, including data use agreements. The primary mission of the Office of Sponsored Research Pre Award Team is to provide the following core services to Stanford faculty and the research administration community:
- Review and endorse proposals for extramurally funded sponsored projects for non-School of Medicine departments
- Negotiate and accept awards in support of sponsored projects
- Prepare, negotiate, and issue outgoing subaward agreements under Stanford sponsored project awards
- Prepare, negotiate and accept/issue non-sponsored research-related agreements
- Prepare, negotiate and accept/issue Data Use Agreements with government and non-profit entities
- Serve as liaisons with sponsors for non-financial award management matters such as prior approval requests
- Facilitate the subaward requisition intake and purchase order (PO) approval process
- Provide subrecipient monitoring oversight
- Provide service and expert consultation to the campus community for questions that may arise during the life of a sponsored project
- Mich Pane, Senior Director
- Theresa Tom, Director, Research Related Agreements and Pre Award Operations
- Carrie Chesbro, Assistant Director, Subawards & Subrecipient Monitoring
- Nicole Pobuta, Assistant Director, Sponsored Projects
- Krista Roznovsky, Assistant Director, Sponsored Projects
Send general inquiries or sponsored agreement documents (grants, contracts, subcontracts, amendments, certifications, etc.) to the OSR Intake email for reviewing and processing.
For a specific project related request, submit a SeRA Central Office Request form which includes requests types for approvals of no-cost extensions, carry forward, rebudgeting, PI effort reduction and other project management tasks, that require sponsor approval or Stanford institutional official endorsement.
OSR Pre Award Contract and Grant Officer and Associate Department Assignments
School/Dept. and OSR Pre Award Roles and Responsibilities
Internal Proposal Deadline Policy
FAQs Clarifying the University Proposal Policy
Refer to the Resources section of this website for additional tools and templates to assist with proposal preparation, SeRA, Cayuse Proposals, subawards, data use agreements, personnel agreements, etc.