At minimum, all sponsored research proposals must include a statement of work (SOW), budget, and budget justification.
Most sponsors will require proposals to include additional information and documents with specific formatting requirements, including but not limited to, biographical sketches for key personnel, facilities and other resource information, references cited, a project abstract etc. To ensure a proposal successfully passes a sponsor’s intake and administrative review process and can be advanced for scientific review, it is critically important that those preparing sponsored research proposals carefully review and adhere to the sponsor guidelines for their specific submission.
- Who does what? Pre Award Roles and Responsibilities - School/Department and OSR
- Always account for Stanford's Internal 5 Day Proposal Deadline Policy
- FAQ clarifying Internal 5 day Proposal Deadline Policy
- Searching for funding opportunities? Click here
- Applying to a foundation? Refer to the Restricted Foundation List. Applications to restricted foundations require coordination with the Office of University Foundation Relations.
- Looking for Stanford's DUNS #, legal name, tax status etc.? Stanford Institutional Facts
Questions or concerns about a funding opportunity’s guidelines and/or a sponsor portal or system? Please contact the Client Advocacy & Education Team. We’re here to help!