SeRA Proposal Development & Routing Form (PDRF)
School of Medicine Proposals
If a proposal will be submitted through the School of Medicine’s Research Management Group (RMG), the PI/ department should complete and route a SeRA Proposal Intake Form (PIF) to RMG for review and approval (recommended at least 30 days in advance of the sponsor deadline). The RMG Research Process Manager (RPM) will follow up with a draft budget, internal deadlines, and proposal guidance as needed.
- SoM PIF Tutorial Video
- SoM PIF User Guide for PIs
- SoM PIF User Guide for Staff
- SoM Post doc Fellowship PDRF Guide
- Industry Sponsored Clinical Trials (CT) PDRF Guide
Non-School of Medicine Proposals
If a proposal wil be submitted through the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR), the PI/ department should complete and route a SeRA Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF) to OSR for review and approval in accordance with the Stanford internal proposal deadline policy.
Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF) Guides
- Budget Details Guide
- Non-SoM Fellowship PDRF Guide
- Progress Report PDRF Guide - Use for projects which require project progress reports to be submitted by an institutional official to trigger subsequent year's funding e.g., most NIH awards.
- Renewal PDRF Guide - A renewal application competes for funding with all other peer reviewed applications for the given sponsor and must be developed as fully as though the applicant is applying for the first time.
- Resubmission PDRF Guide - A resubmission application is a previously unfunded application that has been modified following initial review and is now being resubmitted to the same sponsor for new consideration.
- Supplement PDRF Guide - A supplement application is a non-competing application [i.e. does NOT go through peer review] that provides additional funding to a currently funded project to meet increased costs that are within the scope of the approved project, but that were unforeseen when the new or competing renewal application was awarded.
- University Research Award PDRF Guide - University Research Awards (URAs) are Internal to Stanford research awards where funding is provided through an internal competitive application and award process.
PDRF Approval Guides
- Default PDRF Approvers and FYIs Guide - Use to setup automatically populating department approvers and/or department FYIs on all PDRFs created for your unit/department.
- PI PDRF Approval Guide
- Other Stanford Investigator PDRF Approval Guide - ALL participating Stanford faculty whose effort is budgeted and/or cost shared on a proposal and senior/key personnel that are Stanford and/or SLAC personnel, e.g., Academic Staff Researchers, Snr. Scientists, post docs etc. MUST approve their participation in a proposal and certify the completeness and accuracy of their proposal contents.
Non-SoM IDC Waivers
When PDRFs are Returned for Edits
When a PDRF is being routed for approval each approver e.g. participating investigators, staff approvers, and institutional officials have the option to return the PDRF for either Minor or Major Edits.
When a PDRF is returned to an administrator for Minor Edits all PDRF fields can be edited EXCEPT the following which can only be edited when the PDRF is returned for Major Edits.
|PDRF Page||PDRF Field/Question|
|PI and Project Location||Listed PI|
|PI and Project Location||Is all of the PI's effort charged directly to this project?|
|PI and Project Location||How is the effort being accounted for?|
|Admin & Sponsor Details||Sponsor|
|Project Personnel||SLAC Personnel - since the inclusion of SLAC personnel requires routing through the SLAC Proposal Advancement Office|
|Budget Questions||Does this project include cost sharing?|
|Project Questions||Will any SLAC personnel (paid by SLAC) be paid by this project? - since the inclusion of SLAC personnel requires routing through the SLAC Proposal Advancement Office|
|Approvers & Comments||Approvers i.e., adding or deleting|
|Approvers & Comments||FYIs i.e., adding or deleting|
|Approvers & Comments||Institution Official - Name and Office|
Need further SeRA assistance? Have questions, feedback, or are experiencing other issues? Please submit a HelpSU ticket to the SeRA Support Team by clicking HERE, and a SeRA Support Analyst will contact you shortly.